Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bev's Beauty



Bev's Beauty
7.5 x 10.25
Watercolor on
Arches 300 lb cold press

The pink in this is Opera Pink (bright pint) mixed with various blues and Winsor Purple. A hot piece with all these warm colors. The yellows are Aureolin (sometimes called Cobalt Yellow) and New Gamboge (like a musturdy yellow), with some Burnt Sienna (a warm mid brown) and Sepia (a rich brown pigment).

I painted this piece at my new spot (gallery/studio) in the Indoor Market Eumundie on Miller Valley next to Napa. Those of you who live here in Prescott I would love to see you. The Market is open Fri. Sat. 10 - 5, and Sun. 10 - 4. We will be celebrating our Grand Opening the weekend of Sept. 11th. It will be a fun celebration with entertainment, food, and several interesting Vendors. I would love to share some of my newer pieces with you.

Happy Painting,
Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment