Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Canyon de Chelly


I was going through my photo's and found this one taken by my artist friend and teacher Linne Thomas. I thought this would be a fun one to do, and a little break from the florals. As I worked on it - I could totally see how this would be fun to do an abstract of. Alas I am not schooled in the principles of abstract art. As you can see I kind of barely went abstract.

I started with a limited triad of W.Blue - W. Yellow and Cad Red. As I got into the painting I added Burnt Sienna.

Canyon de Chelly is located in northeastern Arizona within the boundaries of the Navajo Nation. It is the ruins of early indigenous tribes that lived in the area, including the Anasazi and Navajo. Canyon de Chelly (de shay) consists entirely of Navajo Tribal Trust Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment