Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Little Cowboy"


This was a quick little study, done from a photograph of my same recent trip down to San Diego, CA. This little guy couldn't of been more than five years old, but he sure could handle that rope. The determination and concentration I believe was translated into the painting.
I worked with a somewhat limited palette. Using Yellow Ochre, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Seinna and Cobalt Blue. Not having time to develop a background I worked the little figure firs. Determining the sun was overhead, creating shadow. I then wet the background washed in a yellow at an angle and then flicked a loaded brush on to the wet yellow. I did this to add a little interest to the ground. I then mixed the blue with the Sienna and completed the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment